Writing Process Blog Hop



I would like to thank my friend, Tina D.C. Hayes for tagging me for the Writing Process Blog Hop.


1. What are you currently working on?

I have three works in progress, however, one is more “done” than the others. It’s a romantic thriller titled, Love, Lies and Deception (the title has been changed from Undercover Hero).

The tagline for the novel is, “What’s a girl to do when she falls in love with the man whose mission it is to bring her down?”

My other two novels are paranormal thrillers which is my usual genre and the genre I’m most comfortable writing in.

2. How does your work differ from others in the genre?
 
I don’t think Love, Lies and Deception is much different than other works in that genre. It has all the typical elements of a romance, but I do bring in aspects of the paranormal into everything I write. So, even though LL & D is, at its essence, a romance, it definitely has a touch of the paranormal.

3. Why do you write what you do?

I love writing about the paranormal because I’m fascinated with what happens after death. As a teenager, I had a brush with death and ever since then, I’ve been obsessed with the question of where we go after we die, if anywhere at all.

As well, I love to teach, uplift and inspire people with my writing. My first novel, Invisible is a YA paranormal romance with elements of magical realism. It’s about bullying and how one girl escapes the torments of her abusers and learns to love and value herself in the process. The tagline for that novel is “Lola’s not pretty. Lola’s not popular. Lola wishes she could disappear … and then one day she does just that...”.

4. How does your writing process work?
 
My writing process is as varied as the day is long. It all depends on the mood of my muse. She’s usually quite helpful and ready to work, but at times, seems to disappear, leaving me in a panic, worrying she’ll never return.

Generally though, I try to write every evening and on weekends. I limit my television time as that sucks away the hours and leaves me disappointed that I didn’t put my time to better use. My first drafts are all about just getting down the bones. The later drafts are about fleshing out the story with description and narrative. The final draft is more of a copy edit than anything else. Usually five or six drafts will do it, however, I’m on my 13th draft of Love, Lies and Deception as it’s a story that has taken me out of my comfort zone.

Now, it's Snow Tigra's turn. Anyone else out there want to participate, just let me know.

Comments

  1. Great post, Jeanne! I'm having fun reading everyone's answers to these questions.

    Everyone should definitely read your INVISIBLE. I read it a couple of years ago but Lola and her story are still very clear in my mind, and the story is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tina. I appreciate your kind words about Invisible and also appreciate being a part of the blog hop. :)

      Delete
  2. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make most of the people thankful with their helping hand. And I hope you'll be continue your good work. http://www.corporateprofileservices.com/how-we-make-company-profile/ and I think this additional info will be needed for making the cheat sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I always feel like I'm all over the board when it comes to selecting a topic. I'm going to make my list now. This people http://www.duplicatechecker.net/how-to-rewrite-plagiarism-and-not-to-be-busted/ always offer you the good service on your writing which you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!!! Congrats to you! I'm a new reader of your blog. As a new follower of your blog I am gald to know some helpful tips. get more and it will be there for you for any kind of statement of purpose writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your post because i can read here https://www.paraphraseservice.org/faq-about-how-to-paraphrase/ romantic novels as well. This is the best processing work so we must go with such options available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your reading when i see your latest novel. Your novels have enough capacity to change readers mind. This sitewww.scriptwriting.biz/best-10-script-writing-tips-for-a-selling-screenplay/ is aim to give best services to students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Give me Wings by Joy Redmond

Koolura and the Mayans (Koolura series Book 3) by Michael Thal